Welcome to My World by Miranda Dickinson

Synopsis :

Welcome to Harriet Langton's world. All her life she's dreamt of travelling the globe - fate always got in the way. Working as a travel agent, the closest Harri comes to her dream destination of Venice is booking the trip for someone else. But everything changes when travel fanatic Alex drops in. 

With her boyfriend Rob tied up with work, Harri is persuaded to help Alex in his quest for love. But in her attempts to help, Harri soon discovers that she's alienating those around her. 

Desperate to leave her life behind, will her dreams finally come true? Or will Harri's leap of faith be her biggest mistake yet?


This is what I say :

To me this is a good holiday read especially if you want to hide from the world when the world is busy with unreal celebrations which you don't feel like being part of.

This is a good read especially when you're on a reading marathon with time in your hand and you can read and stop anytime you fancy and pick it up again when chores are done and you're ready to go into another world.

This is Welcome to my World to me this holiday season.  It allows me to be in my own world and just chilling and enjoying the book over both coffee/tea and cakes and chocolates.

Where the book is concerned, sometimes I feel like cheering Harri on. Sometimes I feel like sitting her down for a talk but overall, she is quite likable and generally a good person who just want to please her friends and those she cares about but she can be so naive and she really needs to be exposed to the world.

Glad to read this as part of my marathon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg