Paranoia by Joseph Finder

Synopsis :

It was only a prank: diverting cash from Wyatt Telecom's executive slush fund to throw a retirement bash for a member of the loading dock crew. But when corporate security catches up with Adam Cassidy, a low ambition junior staffer at the high-tech behemoth, they call it something else: embezzlement, to the tune of nearly $80 grand.

Ruthless CEO Nick Wyatt is impressed by Adam's scheming, and offers him one way out-take on the role of a rising corporate hotshot and infiltrate Wyatt's rival, Trion Systems. His mission is to get close to Trion's legendary founder Jock Goddard, and his ultra-secret "Project Aurora," and report back to Wyatt.

With Wyatt pulling the strings and a dramatically improved identity, Adam is set up as Trion's new boy genius. Suddenly, he's got a sweet new Porsche, a closet full of $1,500 suits, and even a lovely lady who thinks he's a dream. But it's all just a mirage, because Adam is about to learn that nothing is what it seems and that it isn't paranoia...everyone is out to get him...


Having greatly enjoyed reading Buried Secrets by Joseph Finder in August this year, I have been on a lookout for his other titles each time I went book shopping.  It was such an excitement when I came across this title recently when I was least expecting it.  Actually, I didn't bother much about the title. As long as it's written by Joseph Finder, I will certainly want it.

Paranoia did not disappoint.  It's a corporate espionage thriller which was both engaging and thrilling.  I wasn't supposed to read this yet as I have a few other titles  that take precedent but I was too impatient to wait.  Character development can be better but plot wise, it was exciting and I am always a fan of twist in the storyline and I certainly got that.

I think Joseph Finder is a wonderful thriller author and having just read two of his titles, I want more!

By the way, a movie adaptation of this book was released in year 2013. If I am not mistaken, it's very different from the book.  Knowing me, I prefer the book anyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books