Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella

Image from the web as there's something wrong with my webcam
Synopsis :

Lottie just knows that her boyfriend is going to propose, but then his big question involves a trip abroad — not a trip down the aisle. Completely crushed, Lottie reconnects with an old flame, and they decide to take drastic action. No dates, no moving in together, they’ll just get married . . . right now. 

Her sister, Fliss, thinks Lottie is making a terrible mistake, and will do anything to stop her. But Lottie is determined to say “I do,” for better, or for worse.


I did promise you a review of Wedding Night and here it is.   I was very excited to read Wedding Night as I haven't ready any Sophie Kinsella for quite a while already.  I can't really remember when was the last time but it can most probably be when I read Can You Keep a Secret.


That was two years ago.

Wedding Night is an independent novel by Sophie Kinsella.  The characters are new and I can't say I like both Lottie and her sister Fliss.  I find both characters rather uninspiring and stereotype of women in their circumstances.  Lottie who is rebounding from a failed proposal ended up with the first man she come across.  Fliss who is super bitter from her divorce just can't wait to trash her ex to anyone within distance.

I am quite surprised that someone who created characters like Becky Bloomwood and Samantha Sweeting (from the Undomestic Goddess, my favourite title by Sophie Kinsella) birthed out characters found in Wedding Night.

Anyway, fans of Sophie Kinsella will still read it no matter what but if you have not read any of her title, then this would not be the one to start with as it has high possibility to leave pretty bad impression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books