Black or White by John Aubrey Anderson

Synopsis :

Missy Parker is a seven-year-old white child.  She is beautiful, wealthy, willful and vulnerable
Junior Washington is an eleven-year-old black child.  He is a committed Christian, relatively poor and loyal.

On the shores of Cat Lake, in the midst of the most defined segregation in our nation's history, Missy and junior are best friends.

The synopsis doesn't say much does it?  In fact, if I am to base on the above synopsis when I was doing my selection of books, I would not purchase this particular book.  However, purchase it I did as I has an assumption of what Black or White has to offer and as they say of assumption, it is baseless and true enough I was wrong in my assumption and the book wasn't what I expected it to be at all.

Looking at the cover and from the synopsis, readers including myself will not know that it's a book based on the Christian faith.  The concept of accepting Christ and being a read Christian runs throughout the book. 

The book also deals with spiritual warfare and angels and demons especially guardian angles.  That are some parts of the book that are just beautifully written which I really enjoyed reading.  There are some parts that is rather disturbing if your faith is not strong.

Overall, it was an unexpected book but unexpected in a good way.

I believe I bought the book in a book sale end of last year and it was generally a good buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg