Bad Luck And Trouble by Lee Child




Synopsis :

September 11th changed Reacher's drifter lifestyle in one practical way. As well as his folding toothbrush, he now carries photo ID.  Yet he is still as close to untraceable as a human being in America can get.  So when a member of his old Army unit finds a way to get a message to him, he knows it must be deadly serious.

You do not mess with the Special Investigators.  They always watched each other's backs.  Now one of them has shown up dead in the California desert. And six others can't be found at all.

You do not mess with Jack Reacher. His old buddies are in big trouble, and he won't let that go.  Not now, not ever.


It is not too difficult to read Bad Luck and Trouble.  First of all, the chapters are all rather short, between 3 to 6 pages long.  Second, the writing is rather crisp and straight to the point with a lot of 'he said' and 'she said' and 'they said'.  It can get rather descriptive at some point but nothing that can't be tolerated.

Having said all that, there is something missing in the whole scheme of writing, story, plot and so all.  I can't really put a finger to it but it wasn't really that thrilling for a thriller.  I rather hope that I have not become too cynical in my expectation but somehow I just felt it wasn't really that good to the extend of being rather annoying at certain part.

Reacher is not very charismatic to me as a main character.   He just doesn't appeal to me like some characters in books do. 

And Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher in the movie - he can't be more the opposite (in terms of size, at least).   I can imagine lost of other Hollywood actors who might be better suited for Reacher.  I can't wait to watch the movie, just to see if Tom Cruise managed to capture the essence of what Jack Reacher is.  I hope he has better luck than me as I can't.

I guess if you are a fan, nothing I said would make you change your mind. But if you're not one and Bad Luck and Trouble came your way, you might as well made lemonade out of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg